Stella' Cherry Tree - Single Multi-Branched Tree
- If you only have space to grow one fruit tree, grow this one
- The UK's favourite sweet cherry with super sweet, plump, juicy and aromatic fruit
- Produces bumper crops with hundreds of pounds of fruit per season when mature
- Grower-quality, multi-branched tree
- Supplied as a 12m tall bare-root tree ready to plant out
- SKU: 5021096/5021096
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
Stella' Cherry is self-fertile and is a really heavy, reliable cropper because it has good resistance to late frosts. Unlike most other sweet cherry varieties, 'Stella' will thrive in slightly exposed locations but can also be grown in a pot on your patio. The sweetly flavoured, dark-skinned, plump and juicy, aromatic fruits will be ready to pick from mid to late July each year. Additionally, the beautiful cherry blossom, which appears from early March, will brighten your garden and mark the beginning of spring. Growing fruit tress enhances the well-being of the environment and that of you and your family. Crops of fresh, heathy fruit right on your doorstep while replenishing the tree population and reducing plastic consumption.
Supplied as a 1.2 m tall, grower-quality, multi-branched tree, grown on a dwarfing 'Colt' rootstock.
- Cover the cherry tree with nylon mesh or netting to prevent birds from stealing your crops - ‘Stella’ cherry trees are also known as the bird cherry as they will steal most of your cherry crop if you do not stop them.
- Add Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi to give your plants a head start and establish faster.
- Best grown in moderately fertile soil in full sun. If grown in pots keep well watered. Apply a low-nitrogen fertilizer such as 5-10-10 in early spring, about a month before flowering. Prune young cherry trees during winter dormancy to shape them into an open centre or central leader shape. Mature trees will just need a simple prune to remove dead or crossing branches or to open up the centre or maintain shape - unlike other fruit trees, “Stella” cherry trees do not need pruning to keep them fruiting. Train fan-trained trees in spring. Prune established fans and carry out routine pruning on established cherry trees when harvesting the fruits in summer.
October - April
April - May
July - August
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment