Hardy Penstemon Collection - 12x Jumbo Plugs
- Brightly coloured, bell-shaped flowers on short, upright spikes
- Superb grown in beds and borders
- Plant alongside other perennials or among ornamental grasses
- Displays get bigger and better each year!
- Supplied as 12 Jumbo plug plants
- SKU: 5021084/5021084
Hardy Penstemon Collection - 12x Jumbo Plugs
RRP: £17.99 Our Price: £14.99
This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
Plant this desirable perennial in a sunny or slightly shaded spot and you can enjoy a succession of brightly coloured bell-shaped flowers that are carried on short, upright spikes throughout summer and into autumn. Winter hardy and easy to grow making them perfect for beginners and experienced gardeners alike. Superb grown in beds and borders alongside other perennials or among ornamental grasses, Penstemon likes well-drained soil and forms large clumps in time, rewarding you with even more flowers. Looking after them is easy; occasionally dead head fading blooms to prolong the display and cover plants with a dry mulch of compost in late autumn to keep roots snug and protected from frost.
Penstemon Heavenly Blue – A low mound of leaves absolutely smothered in electric-blue flowers with a hint of pink.
Penstemon King George V – A robust penstemon with stocky growth, covered in red flowers with a white throat.
Penstemon Snowstorm – An upright penstemon with bright green leaves and beautiful white bells tipped with pink.
Penstemon Raven – One of the darkest penstemons with dramatic trumpets of deepest purple.
Plug plant perennials are a quick and easy way to achieve the look you want for your garden year after year! As they have been partially grown already, you can see how they will look and make landscaping your garden a breeze.
Supplied as 12 jumbo plugs (2.5 - 3.5cm diameter), 3 each of the varieties.
- Plants are best planted out in the summer, especially if your soil is clay as they dislike winter wet.
- Penstemons do best in a warm, sunny position and are drought tolerant once established.
- When planting, add well-rotted manure or compost to the planting hole.
- Unpack plugs immediately, and stand them in water for an hour.
- If you can’t do this, they can sit in Mini Greenhouses for a week if upright and not too wet.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post but they’ll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When potting on, handle plugs carefully. Pot on using our 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays, using good multi-purpose compost.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry. They don’t like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Water well until established.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead-head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
March - September
June - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.