Complete Patio Potato Growing Kit
- Grow your own spuds for the dinner table on your own patio, with no need to dig
- This kit includes 3 different varieties of seed potato, pots and fertiliser
- Includes 3 premium seed potato varieties 'Charlotte', 'Swift' and 'Desiree'
- Plant up to the end of July for ‘new’ potatoes through autumn
- Includes 3 x 30L Grow Pots, 3 x 6 Pack Potatoes, 1 x 1kg Potato Fertiliser
- SKU: 5021276/5021276
Complete Patio Potato Growing Kit
RRP: £27.99 Our Price: £23.99
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
This Patio Potato Growing Kit means that anyone can now grow delicious, fresh potatoes. You don't even need a garden as a patio, balcony or courtyard will do! Just add compost and water and you'll soon be harvesting your first new potatoes. We have included three popular varieties 'Charlotte', 'Swift and 'Desiree':
- 'Charlotte' - One of the most popular salad potatoes in the UK, the instantly recognisable, oval-shaped tubers can grow much larger than other salad varieties and have a firm yellow waxy flesh. Perfect for potato salads or boiled and dripping in butter.
- 'Swift' - One of the quickest growing and fastest to mature baby new potatoes, a heavy yielder and tastes magnificent.'
- Desiree' - Creamy-yellow flesh with red skin, great for chips, roasting, jacket potatoes or simple boiling.
These special seed potatoes have been held in cold store until now and will grow rapidly once planted right up to the end July to give you ‘new’ potatoes through autumn and even up to Christmas. This is the perfect way to grow your own potatoes and what's even better is it requires no back-breaking digging whatsoever. The Heavy Duty 30 Litre Pots can be used again and again and the Organic Potato Fertiliser can be used all around your vegetable garden. Potatoes will be packed in the bottom pot, underneath the other two, in order to protect them.
- Note: Your seed potatoes will need chitting prior to planting. On receipt, stand them in an egg box in a cool, light room so they can begin chitting (shooting). Leave for 3-4 weeks, and short dark shoots (chits) will emerge. Take care not to damage these when handling or planting. Keep your potatoes well watered as they grow - dry conditions will result in a considerably reduced crop.
- Start with a little compost in the base of your container, about 6-7in (15-17cm). Place the tubers onto the compost and half fill the pot. Keep some horticultural fleece handy, should cold nights threaten.
- The green shoots will eventually poke up through the compost, and when they do, cover them with another layer of compost, water and feed. Keep on adding as the plants grow until you reach the top of the pot or bag.
- First and second earlies will grow quicker than maincrop potatoes which are in the pots for longer, so require more regular watering.
- In the ground, first earlies will take around 14 weeks to mature, second earlies around 16 weeks, but in warm containers you can knock a couple of weeks off that, particularly if you like to eat them small and tender.
- New potatoes are at their best eaten immediately, so pull out only what you want for one meal, leaving the rest to grow on.
January - May
July - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.