Ceanothus Thyrs. Repens 9cm - 3x Established Plants
- Glossy evergreen leaves and powder-blue flowers in the spring
- Pale blue flowers form a spectacular cloud of colour
- Award-winning, easy to grow and one of the hardiest of the ceanothus family
- Compact enough to grow in a pot if your space is limited
- Supplied as established plants in a9cm pots, ready to plant straight out
- SKU: 5021382/5021382
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Also known as the creeping blue blossom, (or Californian Lilac), this Ceanothus certainly lives up to its name, growing into a gorgeous mounded shrub with glossy evergreen leaves and powder-blue flowers in the spring which will delight everyone who sees it. The pale blue flowers form a spectacular cloud of colour during May and June and will attract a host of butterflies and other pollinators into your garden, making it invaluable for supporting our native wildlife as well as thrilling your senses! Easy to grow and one of the hardiest of the ceanothus family, thyrsiflorus var. repens is compact enough to grow in a pot if your space is limited or it can be grown up a wall where it will climb to higher than its normal 1.5m (45cm) giving your garden height and structure. Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for stunning displays for many years to come.
Supplied as an established plants in9cm pots, ready to plant straight out. Grows to H1.5m (5ft) x W4m (13ft), flowers May - June.
- Perfect for ground cover, your plant will spread quickly to inhibit weed growth
Planting Advice for your Ceanothus thyrsiflorus var. repens:
- Grow Ceanothus in a sunny, sheltered site in fertile, well-drained soil. Protect from frost and winds.
- Dig a planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill once the shrub is in place.
- We've found that a square hole is better than a round one as the new roots, once they reach the edges tend to grow in a circle round the circumference of the hole whereas when they reach the corners of a square hole, they find it easier to grow through.
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Remove the plant from its pot and tease out a few of the roots. Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker.
- Place your shrub in the hole at the same level at the pot and refill the hole with the earth removed (backfilling).
- Firm in the soil with your heel, avoiding the root ball and water well.
- Mulch around the base of the plant with a collar, compost, gravel, bark etc.
- If you're planting into pots, place some old rocks, stones or gravel in the bottom of the pot for drainage and ballast.
- Use the best compost you can buy and some sand or grit for drainage.
Aftercare Advice for Ceanothus:
- Keep plants well-watered while they establish, especially if planted up in a pot.
- Hardy to -10°C, protect from cold winds as it is these that tend to cause the most damage to young plants.
Pruning Advice for Ceanothus thyrsiflorus:
- Ceanothus requires no special pruning; only occasional maintenance is needed to remove any growth that has been damaged over winter.
February - November
May - June
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment