Water Lily Planting Kit - Yellow
- Contains everything that you need to grow a beautiful floating pond plant
- Everything that you need to add colour and interest to your pond
- The quick and easy way to grow and display a beautiful yellow water lily
- Growing to around 10cm tall (above water) x 150cm wide
- Kit includes a yellow water lily, planting basket, aquatic soil and gravel
- SKU: 5020975/5020975
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
The quick and easy way to grow and display a beautiful yellow water lily, this kit has everything you need, including the planting basket. Simply add the soil into the special planting basket, add the plant, cover with gravel and your Water Lily is ready to add to your pond. Bare root perennials are already full-sized plants, allowing you to enjoy good growth and crop in the first year. No need to wait as long to see your favourite blooms which will return year after year. Kit includes a yellow water lily (Nymphaea chromotella), planting basket, top quality aquatic soil and decorative gravel.
- Water lilies flourish in still water, so do not plant them near a pond pump or fountain. As these Lilies are dry-packed, young plants, they need starting off gently. Initially, place the filled baskets on a shallow shelf of the pond, where only the top of the plant is at the water line, and allow it to establish.
- Alternatively, set them up submerged in a decorative pot or planter on your decking or patio to start, then, when established, move them into the pond.
- The mesh container is specially designed to allow water to circulate through the compost, providing the plants with both oxygen and nutrients.
- To plant up, add 1/3 of the soil to the basket and place the lily on top, spreading its roots. Add the rest of the soil and the gravel on top.
- After potting and once established, all you need to do is to place the pot into a pond. Initially the pot should be placed on a stack of bricks so the leaves float on the surface of the water.
- As the plant matures, remove one layer of bricks at a time, gradually lowering the plant into the pond until the desired depth has been reached.
- Water lilies require sun to grow, blooming when water temperatures reach 15C (60°F), so best positioned in full sun.
- Depth of the water should not be less than 60cm (2ft) nor more than 120cm (4ft).
- Feed in spring and summer, removing yellow leaves and spent flowers regularly to maintain blooming.
February - November
June - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment