Vinca Collection 9cm - 3x Established Plants
- A selection of ground cover evergreen periwinkles
- A versatile plant for brightening dull corners of the garden
- Easy to grow, hardy and very low maintenance
- Star-shaped flowers that are produced from April to September
- Supplied as established plants in9cm pots ready to plant out
- SKU: 5021380/5021380
Vinca Collection 9cm - 3x Established Plants
RRP: £15.99 Our Price: £12.99
This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
An invaluable plant for brightening dull corners of the garden, these vigorous, low-growing evergreen perennials will thrive in sun or shade in most soils. Its trailing stems root easily where they touch the ground, eventually forming a mat of glossy green leaves that act as a superb weed suppressant. A proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience periwinkles are easy to grow, hardy and very low maintenance - the perfect plant for any gardener who wants great results with very little effort. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for stunning displays for many years to come.
Supplied as a collection of 3 established plants in 9cm pots, 1 each of
Vinca minor 'Atropurpurea' luxurious deep plum coloured blooms. H10cm (4in)x W100cm (3ft). Fl April - September.
Vinca minor 'Gertrude Jekyll' is delightful, with glossy green leaves and white flowers. H10cm (4in)x W100cm (3ft)Fl April - September.
Vinca minor 'Seng' a mat of mauve flowers. H10cm (4in)x W100cm (3ft)Fl April - September.
- Plant them with evergreen ferns for extended winter interest
Planting Advice for Vinca minor:
- Before planting, prepare the soil by digging over and removing any weeds. Incorporate some well-rotted manure to enrich the soil if necessary.
- When planting a number of perennials, arrange them on the surface so you can see how they will look before planting.
- Individually knock out each plant from its container. Look at the roots – if they are circling around the compost, it is best to tease them out. To do this, push your fingers into the rootball along the bottom edge and pull. Do this in a couple of places. This should encourage the roots to spread into the surrounding soil.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the rootball.
- The aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Water in well to settle the soil and prevent desiccation.
Aftercare Advice for periwinkles:
- Keep plants well-watered until established when they will become more drought tolerant.
Pruning Advice for vinca:
- Pruning is not normally needed; however, any unwanted shoots can be cut back in spring.
- Cutting back to a couple of inches after blooming every couple of years will help to keep plants dense.
February - November
April - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.