Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm' - 3x Plants
- Classic hardy perennial for Autumn height, colour and impact - easy to grow.
- Producing stunning warm golden amber flowers, with classic black centres.
- Goldsturm is a variety that is more compact than some at 70-80cm tall.
- Spreading to clumps about 40-50cm wide, often producing 10-15 flowers or more.
- Hardy perennial so will die back underground each year
- SKU: 5021282/5021282
Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm' - 3x Plants
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Rudbeckia fulgida 'Goldsturm' is a neat daisy which erupts into bloom from July to October adding warm, end of season colour to your borders. Also known as Black-Eyed-Susan, ‘Goldsturm’ produces masses of uniform, golden-yellow flowers, each with a rich brown centre that will light up the garden like sunshine. A compact form of the garden coneflower, the sunflower-like blooms are carried on branching, upright stems which makes them great for cut flowers as well, so you can bring the colour indoors. Totally hardy, even in the harshest winters where it will die back underground, Rudbeckia Goldsturm will flower its socks off, getting bigger and better each year and you'll get months of blooms which look fabulous whether in a container or at the front of the flower border. Growing to just 80cm tall, the toothed, hairy leaves form a compact mound which adequately fills those gaps in borders which appear as the seasons progresses, providing a green backdrop for late spring and summer flowers. Easy to grow and particularly robust, this delightful rudbeckia is low maintenance too as it won’t need staking and in late winter the stems just need a quick chop back to ground level - or if you want to encourage wildlife leave them on to provide a natural mulch and home for overwintering insects and invertebrates. Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence and it will return year after year getting bigger and better for many years to come.
Supplied as a pack of 3 x 9cm pots, pot ready to plant out.
- Rudbeckia harmonises perfectly in large drifts in a prairie-planting style with grasses such as fountain grass (Pennisetum alopecuroides).
Planting Advice for Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm':
- For best results grow in moist, fertile soil that drains well, or in pots in good quality compost, in full sun or semi shade.
- If planting out, prepare the soil in advance by digging over and removing any weeds.
- Incorporate some well-rotted manure to enrich the soil if necessary.
- Knock the plant from its container and look at the roots – if they are circling around the compost, it is best to tease them out. To do this, push your fingers into the root ball along the bottom edge and pull. Do this in a couple of places. This should encourage the roots to spread into the surrounding soil.
- Next use a trowel or spade to create a hole just deep and wide enough to set in the root ball - the aim is to bury just the roots, leaving the bases of the stems (when in growth in summer) or the shoots (in spring) above ground.
- Firm back around the soil, using your hand for small clumps and your heel on larger areas.
- Water in well to settle the soil and prevent it drying out.
Aftercare Advice for Goldsturm:
- Keep plants well watered.
- Lift and divide congested clumps in autumn or spring.
- Remove faded flowers to encourage further blooms
Pruning advice for Black Eyed Susan Rudbeckia:
- Cut back immediately after flowering and a second flush of blooms may follow in the autumn.
February - November
July - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.