Rhododendron 'Bollywood' - Single Established Plant
- If you're looking for something that will dazzle , then this will not disappoint
- With green and cream leaves and vivid magenta blooms to brighten your garden
- A compact, easy to keep shrub, and ideal for larger pots on your decking
- The luxurious blooms will attract a host of butterflies into your garden
- Supplied as an established plant in a 3L pot
- SKU: 5021347/5021347
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
If you're looking for something that will dazzle in your garden, then the bright green and cream variegated foliage and vibrant magenta blooms of this newly introduced rhododendron will not disappoint! New to us this season and sure to be a hit with our customers, we have managed to secure the last stock available so that we can bring it exclusively to you. Highlighting the dullest corners of your garden with stunning colour and interest, the garden-worthy Rhododendron 'Bollywood' will delight you through most of the year with its double tiered blooms of the brightest neon pink set against its striking leaves. Forming a neatly rounded hummock, 'Bollywood' is a compact, easy to keep shrub, and ideal for larger pots on your decking or sunny balcony and will also look great when used as an accent plant, or as a filler plant towards the front of the border. Semi-evergreen, this hardy shrub will retain most of its leaves through the year, losing them only if the weather is particularly cold, but don’t worry, they return again in the spring! The luxurious blooms will attract a host of butterflies into your garden too as they are particularly fond of the rich nectar source found within the flowers.
Supplied as an established plant in a 3L pot, ready for potting on or planting out.
- For improved and more abundant flowering, dead-head faded blooms where possible and avoid shade which reduces blooming.
- Perfect for growing in a large container (remember to use ericaceous compost), just make sure that you feed and watered well and re-pot every couple of years.
Planting Advice for Rhododendron 'Bollywood':
- Rhododendrons can tolerate a more open site as long as they are sheltered from cold, drying winds and early morning sunlight.
- Mulch plants and water deeply and regularly during dryer periods from July onwards.
- Your Rhododendron should be planted slightly higher than it was in its pot into well-draining soil.
- Rhododendrons need an acidic soil with a pH of around 5.5 in order to thrive.
- Soils with pH higher than 5.5 should be acidified before planting or you can grow them in a container with ericaceous compost.
Aftercare Advice for your 'Bollywood' Rhododendron':
- Keep plants well-watered and apply a mulch to prevent the soil from drying out.
Pruning Advice for Rhododendrons:
- Naturally compact and well-behaved, your 'Bollywood' Rhododendron requires little pruning apart from the removal of spent blooms, taking them off right after blooming and before any branching buds begin to grow,.
- Any dead or damaged branches can also be removed at this point.
February - November
April - May
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment