Phoenix Canariensis - Canary Island Date Palms - 2x Mature Potted Plants
- Give your garden a holiday feel
- Has spectacular foliage
- Winter hardy
- They love a sunny position and are perfect for patio pots!
- Supplied as a pair of mature potted plants
- SKU: 5021082/5021082
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
A relative of the date palm, Phoenix canariensis is a large palm tree, with spreading deep green leaves arching elegantly from its attractive, stout trunk. During a hot summer, drooping bunches of creamy-yellow flowers may appear. Holding a prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, the Canary Island date palm makes an excellent evergreen specimen plant for the patio or conservatory. Bring the warm glow and bright colours of the Mediterranean into your garden without the cost of a plane ticket. Mediterranean plants are a good way to create a strong focal point that will have visitors talking about and admiring for a long time.
Supplied as a pair of mature potted plants, approx. 70-80cm tall (3ft) tall and in 15cm diameter pots.
- Despite looking like desert palms and being drought tolerant, to get best results, water them really well in spring & summer - do not let dry out.
- In colder spots, bring in for winter, or tie fronds up together in a bundle to protect the centre of the palm.
- If you're lucky enough to get shoots at the base of Phoenix canariensis, these can be carefully detached, along with any roots, and used for propagation. Pot each shoot in an 8cm (3 inch) pot of the standard potting mixture, place it in bright filtered light and water it sparingly-just enough to keep the mixture barely moist. After new top growth indicates that the shoot is well rooted, treat the young plant in the same way as a mature Phoenix canariensis palm.
- A slowly growing tree, Phoenix canariensis is easy to grow and care for .
- Thriving in a sheltered site in full sun, with some shade at midday the Phoenix Palm is best grown on the Patio in a large pot and brought under cover in the winter.
- When in growth, watering moderately and feed with a balanced fertiliser once a month at half strength. Water sparingly in winter.
- If the plant becomes pot bound, pot on into containers 2.5cm (1 inch) larger when new growth starts in spring, using a compost with good drainage. In years when re-potting is not carried out, top-dress by removing 5cm (2in) of old compost from the top of the pot and replacing with fresh.
- Pruning will only be needed to remove old fronds, which hang below horizontal. Do not remove those growing upright since this may slow the growth and reduce the palm vigour - remember that this palm has spines and sharp edges; use extreme caution when handling.
March - August
June - August
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment