Lavender Munstead - 12x Plugs
- Will transform your garden with colour and incredible fragrance
- Ideal as a fragrant hedge or border
- They will attract bees and other pollinators perfect for fruit tree growers!
- Compact, hardy, drought-tolerant and incredibly easy to grow
- Supplied as a set of 12 jumbo plugs
- SKU: 5021323/5021323
Lavender Munstead - 12x Plugs
RRP: £23.99 Our Price: £19.99
This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
Lavender 'Munstead' will transform your garden with colour and incredible fragrance! These traditional cottage garden favourites are proven winners in UK gardens & ideal as a fragrant hedge or border make sure you plant them somewhere you'll be able to catch the magnificent scent! They will attract bees and other pollinators perfect for fruit tree growers! They'll stay compact, reaching 45-60cm (1-2ft) tall. Very hardy, incredibly easy to grow, and drought tolerant keep them in great shape by pruning twice a year in spring and late summer. You can even cut the stems to make fragrant indoor dried displays!
- In late summer, clip the plants back lightly after the flowers have faded. Cut the stems back by a few inches, but not so far that the stems are bare of live foliage, and plants will then have time to produce new shoots before winter dormancy.
- This drought-tolerant plant thrives in a sunny border, container, herb or gravel gardens. Best planted between April and May when the soil is warming up, lavender thrives in most free-draining soils in full sun. Heavier soils should have some grit added to improve drainage and to open them up. Space plants 90cm (3ft) apart, or if growing a hedge, 30cm (1ft) apart or, 45cm (18in) for larger cultivars. Lavender can be grown in large pots, 30-40cm (1ft-16in) diameter, using a multipurpose or loam-based compost such as JI No 3, with some extra coarse grit, (up to 30%), to improve drainage, along with some controlled release fertiliser granules. Ensure that the compost is regularly watered in summer, although for improved cold tolerance, kept on the dry side during winter by standing in a cold greenhouse or in the rain shadow of walls.
March - August
June - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.