Japanese Maple Acer Collection
- Fiery autumn foliage colour and interest that's guaranteed to make an impact
- Leaves change colour throughout the year
- Perfect for shady spots, plants in pots around the patio or in the border
- Easy to grow and fully hardy – even in the coldest of winters
- Collection includes 3 varieties in 10.5cm pots approx. 20cm tall inc pot
- SKU: 5021298/5021298
Japanese Maple Acer Collection
RRP: £35.99 Our Price: £29.97
Delivery In 7 To 9 Days
These stunning Acers are guaranteed to make an impact in your garden for years to come! Fully hardy even in the coldest winters, they lose their leaves in winter only to burst with incredible colour in spring. The stunning foliage changes colour throughout the year, producing an amazing array of colours in autumn. With this incredible collection you get three beautiful and highly desirable Acer plants, carefully selected to give a complimentary colour mix. Acers are slow growing, making them ideal for growing in large pots or smaller gardens, where once planted, they are very easy to maintain, and reward you with gorgeous foliage displays for many years. They do well in light shade, as the brightest summer hot sun can scorch the paler coloured leaves occasionally. Varieties included: Acer palmatum 'Atropurpureum' Deep burgundy-purple leaves that turn an even more brilliant shade of bright red in Autumn, just before they fall - the classic red-leaved maple. Acer 'Orange Dream' (AGM): Bright orange new growth, which fades to yellow in the autumn. It is a great specimen shrub that grows to 3m over 20 years. Acer 'Emerald Lace': Bright emerald-green leaves that in the autumn, turn into blazing shades of reds and oranges. Grows to 1.5M over 20 years.
- Plants enjoy regular watering and a sheltered position to keep the leaves at their best. Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plants are well watered.
Planting Advice for your Acer Collection:
- If your soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline.
- If growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again don't worry overly about this.
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition.
- Plant your Acer so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level.
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in. Water well.
Aftercare advice for your Acers:
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered.
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer with windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.
- Allow your Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week.
- Water regularly and deeply.
- Feed with our specialist Acer feed.
- Mulch every couple of years with well-rotted garden compost or well-rotted manure or leaf mould.
Pruning advice for your Acer Collection:
- Acers generally do not need pruning, just remove any branches that are dead or damaged.
February - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.