Crocosmia Lucifer - 10x Bulbs
- This fantastic vivid red Montbretia will add and height to your beds and borders this year.
- They will come alive in mid-summer with an explosion of yellow, orange and red blooms.
- Growing to around 1.2cm (4ft) tall, they are perfect for the back of borders.
- They are very hardy perennials (to at least -20C!), and some of the very easiest plants to grow.
- Supplied as a pack of 10 corms, ready to plant.
- SKU: 5021471/5021471
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
With its brilliant red flowers this fantastic Crocosmia (Montbretia) really stand out in you garden. Masses of bright red flowers are produced in freesia-like sprays in midsummer. This is a vigorous plant with sword-shaped, pleated, mid-green leaves. It is perfect for planting in large groups, bringing heat to your borders or in pots which will overflow with its arching leaves and stems, and the flowers are also excellent for cutting. Choose a nice sunny spot and that isn't too dry - although can tolerate periods of drought once established and will naturalise if happy where they are. That said however, in general they will thrive in any conditions moist or dry soil, full sun or shade, shelter or exposed spots requiring almost no maintenance. Ideal for busy gardeners. Hardy perennials (to at least -20C), crocosmia are some of the very easiest plants to grow. With the flowering stems reaching around 1.2m (4ft) tall, they are perfect for the middle and back of borders. Over the years the bulbs will multiply freely, so you'll be able to dig up the clumps and split them to spread them around the garden.
Supplied as a pack of 10 bulbs.
- Plant in groups for the best effect.
Planting Advice for your Crocosmia:
- Corms should be planted like any other bulb and are easiest to plant if you just dig a hole about 10cm (4in) deep and space a handful about 2cm (1in) apart. This will give you a good-sized clump straight away and you can lift and divide clumps as they expand.
- If you prefer a more spaced display, then plant them in clumps in groups of 5 about 10cm (4in) apart. If your soil is heavy, add some horticultural grit to the planting hole.
Aftercare Advice for Montbretia:
- Water well and regularly.
- Mulch corms in winter to preserve moisture.
- Lift and divide clumps in spring if flowering diminishes.
Pruning Advice for crocosmia:
- Cut back dead leaves in spring.
March - April
September - October
August - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment