Complete Blueberry Vaccinium Kit
- Pick juicy and sweet berries from your own garden
- Blueberries are packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Lightly fragrant blossom in spring
- Perfect for patio pots so you don't even need a garden
- Supplied as a complete kit ready for planting up
- SKU: 5021016/5021016
Complete Blueberry Vaccinium Kit
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
Blueberries provide true season-long interest and will produce lightly fragrant, bell-shaped blossom in spring, followed by delicious fruits that form and colour up ready for picking from July. In autumn, you get a flash of seasonal colour as the foliage will provide a bright flourish of scarlet before falling for the winter. Easy to grow and look after, blueberries make brilliant patio plants and will grow perfectly in pots. This collection will provide a bumper harvest from June to August providing many pounds of fruit per season once fully established. Bush fruit gives you the chance to grow your own fruit in a smaller area. It is also easier to harvest as on a lower level than trees.
Supplied as a complete kit ready for planting up, you'll receive 3x large, established plants in 3L pots, 1x early, 1x mid and 1x late season, ready for immediate planting. Plants reach approx. 1-1.5m (3-5ft). Kit includes 3x Metallic effect square planters and a 60L bag of Ericaceous Compost.
- While tolerant of shade, blueberries crop better in the sun.
- Cover plants with netting when in fruit, otherwise you'll just end up feeding the birds.
- Pick over the plants several times as not all the fruit ripens at the same time.
- Fruits can be left on the bush for a few more days after they turn blue for a more intense and complex flavour, when they'll also easily pull away from the cluster.
- Although self fertile and able to produce a good crop on their own, blueberries yield much more heavily if planted near another one.
- Plant in well-drained, acidic soil in a sunny, sheltered spot.
- If your garden soil has a pH over 5.5, your blueberry is best grown in a pot, in ericaceous soil. Keep it well-watered, preferable with rain water - don’t allow the soil to dry out.
- Water blueberries with rainwater if you can as tap water will gradually raise pH levels.
- Feed every month with a liquid fertiliser for ericaceous (lime-hating) plants.
- If growing blueberries in the garden, add plenty of organic matter such as pine needles or composted conifer clippings. Avoid farmyard manure as it will scorch the roots.
- Pruning is rarely needed in the first two years. After that prune in late Feb – early Mar, aiming to remove a proportion of old wood every year. Two year-old wood is the most productive.
- Take out any damaged, dead, and diseased wood and prune out low branches that will lie on the ground when full of fruit.
February - November
March - May
June - August
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.