Climbing Rose 'Zephirine Drouhin'
- Zephrine Drouhin is one of very few almost thornless climbing roses available
- It produces an incredibly powerful, fruity rose scent that fills the air!
- Its lovely cerise-pink blooms are produced in abundance over a long period
- It is easy to grow great for beginners and makes an outstanding hedge.
- Supplied as a British grown, quality 3L potted rose, ready to plant out.
- SKU: 5021410/5021410
Climbing Rose 'Zephirine Drouhin'
RRP: £17.99 Our Price: £14.99
This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
Also known as The Thornless Rose, Zephrine Drouhin is one of very few almost thornless Climbing roses available. Not only that, it produces an incredibly powerful, strong fruity rose scent that fills the air! Its lovely cerise-pink blooms are produced in abundance over a long period, repeat flowering all Summer, and as an overall display stand out wonderfully against the mid-green foliage. It is easy to grow great for beginners and makes an outstanding hedge. Height to 2.5M. A great old rose, ever-popular and always in our Top 3 sellers, and it's not hard to see why.
- To prune, just remove any dead, dying, damaged and diseased stems and also deadhead regularly. Traditionally, you would cut just above a leaf joint with a sloping cut away from the bud, however, this isn't necessary, and don’t worry about pruning too much - roses are very resilient and will grow back. When pruning, make sure that your secateurs are clean and sharp to prevent squashing stems and introducing disease. Add mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help the plant establish quicker.
- Roses can be planted at any time of the year, as long as the soil is not frozen, waterlogged or drought-dry. Plant your rose where it can get plenty of sun for at least half of the day, and where it will be sheltered from the wind.
- Roses tolerate wide range of soils but thrive in deep, humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil, so add plenty of well-rotted manure into the hole if necessary and plant so that the graft union (the swollen area when the stems meet the roots) is around 3cm below soil level. Water well every other day - daily if the weather is hot and dry.
- Established roses can be watered around once a week through spring and summer - more if the weather is hot.
- For best results, feed roses in in late-March/April and again late July.
October - April
May - October
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.