Callistemon Viminalis 'Hot Pink'
- A fabulous new colour addition to the amazing Bottlebrush family.
- Usually red, this is the first widely available pink
- Each flower is made up of thousands of thin stamens, each pollen rich
- Flowering in spring, it is great to attract early-season pollinators to fruit
- Supplied as a 3-year old, well established plant 40cm tall in a 3L pot.
- SKU: 5021310/5021310
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
This is a fabulous new colour addition to the amazing Bottlebrush family. No prizes for guessing where they get their name from - their classic spring flowers zing with intense colour. Usually red, this is the first widely available pink, and what a neon-pink it is too! Each flower is made up of thousands of thin stamens, each pollen rich, so become a mecca for bees and butterflies early in the season. Flowering in spring, it is great to attract early season pollinators to fruit - and sometimes has a mini flush of flowers again in autumn. Grow in a pot in a warm and sunny spot, in a well-drained mix. Although hardy to -5C or so, we would advise some winter protection, as early leaves and growth can be damaged.
- Callistemon will flower best when grown in full sun in moist but well drained soil in a sheltered position away from cold winds.
- Outdoors, Callistemon (Bottlebrush) look great in mixed borders especially if combined with other drought tolerant plants such as salvias and lavenders.
Planting Advice for Callistemon Bottlebrush:
- Generally unfussy as to soil, poor soil benefits from the addition of plenty of organic matter.
- Once established plants don't need special attention and are generally problem-free.
- Pot-grown trees can be planted at any time of the year as long as the soil is not waterlogged or frozen.
- Dig a square planting hole 3 x wider than the roots of the shrub you're planting and mix some well-rotted compost or manure with the soil from the hole and use this to re-fill once the shrub is in place.
- Before planting soak container-grown shrubs thoroughly and allow to drain.
- Remove your Callistemon from its pot and tease out a few of the roots.
- Add Mycorrhizal fungi to the roots when planting to help plants establish quicker.
- Place your tree in the hole at the same level at the pot, refill, firm, and water well.
- Mulch around the base of the plant.
- Plants can also be grown in a pot using a good quality soil-based compost.
Aftercare Advice for your Bottlebrush:
- Although drought-tolerant, Callistemon requires regular watering.
- Feed with a general-purpose liquid feed in the growing season and top dress in the spring.
- Callistemon can get out of hand under glass so restrictive pruning may be necessary to keep their shape.
- Hardy in the UK down to -4°C! In very exposed sites, a fleece cover and mulch will see them safely through the winter. Potted plants can be moved to a cool conservatory or greenhouse.
Pruning Advice for Callistemon:
- Lightly prune after flowering to keep them under control, cutting just behind the spent bloom.
- Callistemons in general don't like hard-pruning, so just remove spent flowerheads immediately after flowering, or trim new growth to maintain shape.
March - August
March - May
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment