Begonia 'Marginata Mix' - 10x Tubers
- Sunshine yellow and pristine white flowers are edged with Fiery red making this a begonia that is an absolute head turner
- Marginata' is a begonia quite like any other that you will see, and makes a unique and eye-catching display
- Perfect for bringing brightness to dull corners of the garden or patio, this mix makes a colourful addition to your displays
- Perfect in pots and baskets, they're easy to grow too making them the perfect choice for any gardener and any garden
- Supplied as a pack of 10 tubers, ready to pot up and grow on
- SKU: 5021469/5021469
Begonia 'Marginata Mix' - 10x Tubers
RRP: £15.99 Our Price: £12.99
This Product Is Discontinued And No Longer Available For Purchase
Sunshine yellow and pristine white flowers are edged with Fiery red, ruffled edges making this a begonia that is an absolute head turner - a variety that will certainly get your beds and borders noticed this year! With a continuous display of ruffled, colourful blooms throughout the summer, 'Marginata' is a begonia quite like any other that you will see and makes a unique and eye-catching display. Perfect for bringing brightness to dull corners of the garden or patio, this mix makes a colourful addition to your displays. Perfect in pots and baskets, they're easy to grow too making them the perfect choice for any gardener and any garden. Lightly scented, they're a low maintenance way to add colour anywhere and with their lush green leaves and contrasting red-edged blooms, they make any planting scheme look amazing!
Supplied as a pack of 10 tubers, ready to pot up and grow on.
- You can remove the single female flowers to encourage more of the large double male flowers to be produced if you wish - although we like to leave them on for a fuller display.
- Deadhead faded blooms to extend the flowering period.
Planting Advice for your Begonia:
- Begonia tubers will start into growth from February onwards. The easiest way is to put them into shallow tray with a good quality compost which has been moistened.
- Plant the tubers with the domed side downwards and the hollow uppermost. Shoots will start to emerge depending on temperature. We recommend that you start them off in a warm room.
- As soon as the shoots of the tubers are about 2cm (1in) long pot them up in 15cm (4in) pots. As soon as the roots reach the sides of the pot, they're ready to go into containers. Alternatively, you can plant the tubers straight into baskets and tubs where they are to flower.
- When all risk of frost has passed, acclimatise begonia plants to outdoor conditions over a period of 7 to 10 days. Choose a sunny or semi shaded position that is protected from strong winds - a cold frame is ideal.
- Grow on in full sun or partial shaded areas. The sunnier the site, the more vibrant the colours will be.
Aftercare Advice for Begonias:
- For best results keep plants well-watered, and feed once every two weeks with a high potassium feed while in flower, and deadhead regularly to encourage further flowers.
- Water regularly during the summer - begonias thrive in moist soil. Take care not to over-water, as this will cause new begonia flower buds to drop.
- Deadhead the single female flowers to encourage more of the large double male flowers to be produced and to extend the flowering period.
February - April
June - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.