Acer Palmatum 'Orange Dream' - Single Established Plant
- A striking acer which boasts a changing spectacle of colour throughout the year
- Fully hardy even in the coldest winters
- The stunning, ever-changing foliage changes colour throughout the year
- Slow growing and easy to maintain, ideal for small gardens or large containers
- Supplied as an established plant in a 3L pot
- SKU: 5021313/5021313
Online Exclusive - Delivery In 14 Days
Acer palmatum 'Orange Dream' is a striking acer which boasts an ever-changing spectacle of colour throughout the year. Fully hardy even in the coldest winters, Acer Orange Dream will explode with incredible colour in spring with bright orange new growth. The stunning, ever-changing foliage of this Japanese maple changes colour throughout the year, producing an amazing variety of tones at different seasons, bright orange in spring, greenish in summer and orange yellow in the autumn. Even in winter, when it loses its leaves, Orange Dream continued to thrill with its interesting, bright green bark. This beautiful and highly desirable Acer shrub is slow growing and difficult to propagate so can often be very expensive, so we're delighted to be able to bring this garden gem to you. A great specimen shrub this Japanese Maple is slow growing and easy to maintain, ideal for small gardens or large containers so anyone can grow it even where space and time is limited. Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for stunning displays for many years to come.
Supplied as an established plant in a 3L pot, Acer ‘Orange Dream’ will grow to around 3m over 20 years, often smaller if restricted in a container. plants are dormant in winter, so no leaves from approx. October until March.
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated. Leaf scorch can be caused by lack of soil moisture or excessive exposure.
Planting Advice for Japanese Maple Acer palmatum 'Orange Dream':
- Winter hardy and low maintenance 'Orange Dream' prefers a spot in semi-shade (will tolerate full sun, but avoid bright, direct exposure).
- If your soil is slightly acidic, then you have the perfect conditions to grow Japanese maples - however do not worry if you have not as most can be grown in other soils as long as they are not wet, dry or very alkaline.
- If growing in a pot, use a 50/50 mix of ericaceous and multipurpose compost if you can - although again don't worry overly about this.
- Leaf colour is best in partial shade, although full sun can be tolerated as long as the plant is well watered.
- Avoid exposed places as leaves can suffer with windburn (scorch), especially if the plant is dry.
- Allow your Japanese Maple to get used to a whole day in the sun by starting it off in the shade, then standing it in its final sunny spot (in pot or in the garden soil) for one hour longer every day for a week.
- If planting in the garden, prepare a wide hole and loosen the soil with a fork, incorporating organic matter as needed to improve moisture retention and condition. Plant your Acer palmatum so that the top of the root ball is just slightly below ground level.
- Fill the planting hole with soil and heel well in. Water well.
- If growing in containers, use a soil-based compost such as John Innes No 2 or a good quality ericaceous compost.
- Keep the compost evenly moist, (but not soaking) and feed in spring and early summer with a slow-release fertiliser or liquid feed such as our specialist acer feed.
- Your Acer will need repotting into a slightly bigger container every couple of years in April or September.
- Wrap containers with bubble wrap in winter to protect the roots.
Aftercare Advice for your Orange Dream Acer:
- Keep plants well-watered, especially if grown in a pot, and feed with our specialist acer feed
Pruning Advice for your Japanese Maple:
- Pruning is not necessary but can be done in late summer or early autumn if needed to remove dead or damaged branches.
February - November
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.
Sorry, no reviews are available as this moment