Hibiscus Tricolour Standard
- Three colours on one tree - pink, white and blue
- Clever nurserymen have grafted 3 different colours onto one tree
- Totally hardy in UK
- You will be rewarded with the Tricolour flower display in August and September.
- Supplied as a grafted tree 1.2-1.4m tall in 6L pot, ready to plant out
- SKU: 5021333/5021333
Hibiscus Tricolour Standard
Delivery In 10 to 14 Days
No, your eyes are not deceiving you - this amazing hardy Hibiscus standard tree actually does have 3 colours on the same tree, and will stay that way too. Hibiscus are often propagated by grafting, and the clever nurserymen have grafted 3 individual different colours - blue, pink and white - to the top of the standard stem. Usually they would graft 3 of the same colour, but in an experimental moment, created this delightful result. Quite cleverly, all 3 varieties have been selected carefully so they grow at similar rates, and no one colour will dominate the tree. This is a more reliable method than the sometimes offered 3 colours plaited together. All that your Hibiscus will need from you is an annual trim to shape, and they will stay in this lovely mix for years. Hibiscus syriacus is totally hardy in the UK, but thrives best in hot, sunny spots, and responds particularly well to heavy feeding, especially with a feed rich in trace elements. Flowering in August and September, prepare to amaze your friends and neighbours with this horticultural wonder!
- Feed weekly in spring and summer with a balanced feed with micronutrients.
- Grow in a sheltered spot in full sun with a humus-rich moist soil, keep well-watered as these plants don't like to dry out.
- Happy in a large container as long as you keep it well-watered.
- Protect the crown with a dry mulch through the winter months.
- Trim any dead or damaged growth each year in mid spring and remove faded flowers. Hibiscus flower on the current season's growth, so pruning encourages them to flower prolifically.
- Hibiscus can be bare of leaves right up until May, so don't think that your plant has expired - keep it well watered and it will burst into life when ready!
April - July
July - September
About You Garden
Established for over 50 years, our award winning trusted plant supplier are based in South Lincolnshire. Their experienced team take care of a wide variety of both native and continental plants.
This product benefits from a specialised plant shipment service and is delivered directly from the supplier. All products are packaged with extreme care and transported in specially designed plant containers. Delivery is only available to mainland England and Wales (see delivery exclusion information below) for this product. Please be aware when ordering multiple plants they may be arrive on different dates. This is due to some of the products being dispatched from separate warehouses to ensure the best conditions for delivery.
Delivery exclusions: Regrettably we are unable to deliver to: AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA20-80, PH19-50, TR21-25, ZE. Order received to excluded delivery location will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
Please note: Plants and trees are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. See our Cancellation & Returns page for further details.
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods damaged or you have been sent the incorrect item, please report your issues to our customer service team within 24 hours. Perishable goods cannot be returned unless we have sent the wrong item, or they are damaged.